Phoenix with MTG to conduct seminar with 15 CPD units
The Phoenix Publishing House, Inc. in cooperation with Mathematics Trainers’ Guild, Philippines conduct a 3-day International Seminar on Enriching Teachers’ Olympiad Experience towards Mathematical Maturity at Manila Grand Opera Hotel, 925 Doroteo Jose Street corner Rizal Avenue, Sta. Cruz, Manila on June 7 – 9, 2019.
The good news is that the Professional Regulation Commission as per Accreditation No. PTR 2018-178-3496 has granted FIFTEEN (15) Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Units to teachers who will attend the said seminar.
This seminar is designed to provide mathematics teachers with a capstone experience in the teaching of mathematics to establish and reinforce students’ erudition in mathematical structure methods and concepts. The participants will be provided with stuffed opportunities to enhance their teaching competence through acquiring from renowned international and local educators mathematical Olympiad experiences and insights if properly applied will translate to an enjoyable and meaningful math class. This seminar provides some answers and discusses how teachers can use the concept of math maturity to better meet their teaching and student learning goals.
The 3-day International Seminar on Enriching Teachers’ Olympiad Experience towards Mathematical Maturity aims to:
a) Deepen some math knowledge, skills and ways of thinking deemed important for all students;
b) Increase insight into creating a thriving, supportive mathematics classroom culture; and
c) Stimulate mathematical thinking through problem-solving.
The following are the local and international speakers:
· Prof. Wen-Hsien Sun - Chairman, International Mathematics Competition (IMC) Executive Board, Taiwan
· Prof. Ir. Ridwan Hasan Saputra - President and Director, KPM Math Clinic, Indonesia
· Dr. Lim Chong Keang – Professor, Xiamen University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
· Dr. Eduardo Dela Cruz, Jr. - AVP for Academic, Arellano University
· Dr. Jonathan Gloria - Professor, West Visayas University, Iloilo City, Philippines
· Engr. Edgardo Domingo – School Division Superintendent, Aurora Baler, Quezon Province
· Dr. Roger Nuqui – Chief Education Supervisor, School Governance & Operation Division, Deped Mabalacat
· Mr. Arvie Ubarro – President, Mathdap, Curriculum English Supervisor, Hope Christian School
· Mr. Manuel Kotah- Math Coordinator, Philippine Academy of Sakya
· Mrs. Quennie Flores-Sarabia – Math Coordinator for SHS Department, Stonyhurst Southville International School
· Mrs. Susan Ignacio – MTG Center Coordinator, Tanuan City, Batangas
· Mr. Zeng Rong Wu – MTG Elite and Local Fixed Income Trader Officer, Metrobank
For more details, please contact Mr. Robert Degolacion at his email address, [email protected].