Posts

Showing posts from August, 2018

Ph Team hauls 22 medals and awards

Team Philippines harvested a total of 22 medals and awards in the World Talent Invitational Mathematics Examination (WTIME) held at Dusit Thani Hua Hin Hotel, Phetchaburi, Thailand on August 16 – 20, 2018.  Three Filipino students, Arielle Victoria Encarnacion, Grade 5, from Our Lady of Caysacay Academy, Gio Almayda, Grade 6, From Yaddah Christian School, Inc, and Dominique Joy T. Rustia, Grade 6, from St. Theresa’s College Quezon City were on top of the contest for winning gold medal for the country. Their victory, giving the entire team a feel of the seventh heaven, was an obvious show of their math might.   Stepping out into the light of distinction for bringing home four silver medals were Sean Omar Francisco, Grade 4, from Colegio San Agustin – Makati, Kim Andrie Trompeta, Grade 4, from Colegio San Agustin – BiƱan, Joven Augustus Costales, Grade 5, from BHC Edcuational Institution, Inc, and Zedryan Mikell Ancheta, Grade 6, from School of St. Anthony.  The following yo

Call for Entries - 2018 SEAMO

Image

Philippine teams make waves in the WMO Asian Finals

The Philippines absolutely made their presence felt as they harvested a good number of medals and merit awards in the World Mathematics Olympiad (WMO) Asian Finals held last July 28, 2018, at the Science Center in Singapore. The WMO Asian Finals consist of Individual and Team Competitions, where the Individual Competition score makes up 70% of each participant’s final score, and the results from the Team Competition make up the remaining 30% of the final score. Harvesting one gold medal each were: Alteza, Gabriel (Philippine Science High School –Main), Dalangin, Gabriel Symone (Stonyhurst Southville International School), Chua, Alyannah Ysabelle (Tarlac Living Faith Academy), and Abara, Theodore (La Salle Greenhills). Meanwhile, the following students took home silver medals: Ilagan, Gerard Elmer (Philippine Science High School –Main), Kue, Aiman Andrei (Zamboanga Chong Hua High School), Chan, Kirsten Dominique (Tarlac Living Faith Academy), Bernardo, Jose Maria (Ate

AIMO orientation for Provincial Participants

Please be informed that participants and delegates of  2018 Asia International Mathematical Olympiad  for Provincial participants may go directly at Skyworth Travel and tours   1278 GF Unit 1 CINTILEY Residences, J. abad Santos, Ave., Tondo, Manila to get your plane tickets and other materials starting today August 1 until tomorrow, August 2 from 9 am to 5 pm.  All members of the Philippine delegation are advised to bring MathDAP and Skyworth deposit slips to avoid inconvenience. Please be on time.